Free Video Tutorial: iOS 10 Release Show - Apple Mac, iPad & iPhone Tutorials from ScreenCastsOnline
Free 7 Day Trial

Tutorial Topics

Search for Tutorials Show All Tutorials Pricing About Us Free Trial

It's iOS 10 release day and to celebrate, we're releasing our first iOS10 video a few days earlier than usual.

iOS10 is a huge release from Apple and includes many new features as well as a bold visual redesign for many of your favourite apps.

The full tutorial covers:

• Initial Checks
  • Widgets & Notifications - iPad
  • Control Center
  • Widgets & Notifications - iPhone
  • Message App
  • Messages - App Stickers
  • Update - Messages App Store
  • Mobile Safari
  • Music
  • News

Show Links:

Options to Access or Purchase Full Tutorial

There are many ways to access this tutorial either as an SCO Member or if you wish to purchase this individual tutorial

SCO Members

• Subscribe in iTunes (Mac) - Instructions
  • Subscribe using a 3rd Party Podcatcher App (iOS) - Instructions
  • SCO Members App (Apple TV) - Instructions
  • SCO Members App (iOS) - Coming soon!
  • SCO Monthly Magazine (October Issue when published) - Instructions

Non Members

• 14 day free trial on the ScreenCastsOnline Website (iOS or Mac) - Link
  • Purchase in SCO Showcase App (iPad and iPhone) - Link
  • Purchase in SCO Showcase App (Apple TV) - Search for SCO Showcase
  • SCO Monthly Magazine (October Issue when published) - App Link

Video Tutorial Comments

(15 comments posted)

Ken Taylor

subtitles play when the setting is off in Safari running on Sierra Beta GM

Let me check!

Just wanted to check nothing had changed in Sierra. Looks like Apple are switching the built in subtitle controls on by default. You can switch these off as follows:

ian frost

I get the same every week running on Safari and 10.11.6. Bug has been running for a long time. Would be nice if they could be turned off.

This happens when Safari is also trying to play subtitles as well as the ScreenCastsOnline player - an easy fix:

ian frost

I tried Chrome and no issues with subtitles. Much better.

Gray Hodge

Great tutorial, it helped a lot getting my head around the ios10 features.
Works fine with Brave browser.

Thanks!

Andrew Russell

I also find that it is not possible to turn off subtitles when playing from the browser. I am using El Cap though!

Quelda Wilson

Thanks for another excellent tutorial. Question: How did you get emojis to show up in the predictive text bar? You typed "cat" and a cat emoji appeared in the predictive text bar! The only way I've found is, after typing text, to tap on the globe icon--then words that have emoji substitutes turn orange and tapping on them replaces the word with the emoji.

Hi Quelda, I've found they don't appear straight away. They should start appearing after an hour or so if not sooner.

Quelda Wilson

To clarify my comment: after typing, I find it necessary to tap on the emoji icon on the keyboard (this corrects my misstatement above which said "globe icon" when it should have said "emoji icon." Sorry.

Quelda Wilson

Don, thanks very much for your response. After trying over and over again, finally, I got a cat emoji when I typed "cat" on my iPad mini. Do you know if it only works on the iPad? Doesn't seem to be working on the iPhone 6S.

Andrew Russell

Posting comments is restricted to ScreenCastsOnline members only.

ScreenCastsONLINE Monthly Magazine

Ember & Pixa - Organise Your Images tutorial is also available to watch in Issue 51 of the ScreenCastsOnline Monthly As a Premium member, this back issue may be available to you for free, or if published before you became a member, is available for individual purchase as a back issue in the ScreenCastsOnline Monthly Mag application.

Available on the App Store